We support our pupil’s use of the internet and seek to underpin their knowledge of safe use and protection. We understand that the internet is a wonderful resource which also poses many dangers. Just as we want to keep children safe in the home, school and community, we also want to keep them safe from harm in the online world. We provide our pupils with an awareness of how to stay safe online both in the school environment and beyond.
In order to help you stay up to date with the changing world of the internet, Pandas Class have put together some information for you.
Here’s how you can help to keep your children safe online when using computers, tablets, smart phones or games consoles:
Keeping Children Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people that suggest you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone you don't need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer and tell an adult immediately